Shaw Commercial Hard Surface products do not always require a floor finish. However, in certain
applications a floor finish may be desirable to aid in stain protection, resistance
to abrasion or increase gloss level.
New Floor Maintenance:
- Do not begin wet maintenance for at least 4 or 5 days after installation is complete.
- Damp mopping is allowed after 12 hours.
- Remove surface soil, option, determine what the visual expectations are, e.g., shiny,
medium, or matte finish.
Option 1– No Wax & No Buff Methods (Matte Finish):
- Damp mop: Clean floor with a neutral pH detergent such as Diversey ‘Stride’,Taski
‘R-50’ or equivalent. Follow manufacturer’s directions for mixing and using.
- Machine (auto scrubber): If desired, scrub with a rotary scrubber using a 3M red
type scrubbing pad or automatic scrubber with equivalent scrubbing pads or brushes.
Option 2 – Floor Finish (Shiny or Matte):
- Apply 2-3 coats of high quality floor finish such as Diversey’s ‘Carefree’
or Taski‘s ‘Vision Matte’, or equivalent. Apply with a clean finish mop or finish
applicator. Follow finish manufacturer’s instructions.
- Allow each coat to dry completely before applying the next coat.
- Optional: Spray buffing in lieu of Option 2 is acceptable and will leave a slight
luster on the floor.
To learn more about maintenance options, visit www.diversey.com
Call Shaw Floors Technical Support at +1-877-502-7429, for information on:
- Floor-prep and installation recommendations over concrete and other sub-floor types
including wood, porous and non-porous surfaces.
- Adhesive recommendations, including 2-part epoxy adhesives, ESD adhesives and others.
- Current maintenance recommendations.